You were just building your robot and you ran out of axle hubs! This is a big problem. Follow the steps below to fix this.
- Do you know what an axle hub is?
- Yes, move onto step 2.
- No, Axle hubs allow you to mount other items such as gears straight to an axle. This is what they look like:
- Do you know what an axle collar is?
- Yes, move to step 3.
- No, an axle collar is used to hold an axle in place of an axle hub. Here is an example:
- Replace some of your axle hubs that don’t have anything screwed into it, with an axle collar.
I hope, this article helped you and you are on your way to making a great robot!
I am the Engineering Director for our team (I am in charge of the Engineering and the Controls departments.). I have been in robotics for 7 years coming up on 8. 3 of which were Lego robotics of those 3, two were FLL, and the other was sumo-bots. I am a Junior in school and plan on majoring in Robotic engineering at MIT. I would also like to minor in Artifical Intelligence.