Today was the final day of the robotics summer camp. we started off the day with having the students type their entries that they wrote into the engineering notebook on google docs. after they finished with the last engineering course class, we had students call two organizations to set up outreach and Continue reading “Team 6450 JAGBOTS Summer Camp – Day 5”
Are you building a robot and you have run out of bronze bushing? Don’t be afraid we can help you fix that!
- Do you know what a bronze bushing is?
- Yes, move onto step 2.
- No, A bronze bushing is used to remove the gap between an axle and a channel, when you are trying to use axles. This is what they look like:
Thursday was the second to last day of robotics and we started the students out with an entry about the following day and what they have learned.
Once they have written their entries we started out with our engineering notebook class and we taught the student quick and easy tips to type in the engineering notebook. Continue reading “Team 6450 JAGBOTS Summer Camp Day 4”
June 14th was the third day of the summer camp. During the daily overview we worked on our engineering notebook entries. In engineering notebook class we learned how to design an engineering notebook, we learned how the colors of the notebook should be the team colors too.
Continue reading “Team 6450 JAGBOTS Summer Camp Day 3”
You were just building your robot and you ran out of axle hubs! This is a big problem. Follow the steps below to fix this.
- Do you know what an axle hub is?
- Yes, move onto step 2.
- No, Axle hubs allow you to mount other items such as gears straight to an axle. This is what they look like:
So, rookie teams you want to become a good builder? Well just read this and you will become a better builder in no time. Here are a few tips to build:
- Make sure you and the other builders get along so you can work better.
- Ask for help from the other builders so you make sure you are doing what you need to do, also ask if the others need help when you are done with your part.
- Work together, the more you work together, the faster you get done.
Now those are just a few tips, I really hope this helps!
June 13th was the second day of our robotics summer camp. The students split into two groups and began to assemble their robot. The two groups built a simple base and also added the electronics on. In the engineering notebook class, the students learned how to start an engineering notebook and made their first entry and will continue to make entries until the last day of the camp. Continue reading “Team 6450 JAGBOTS Summer Camp – Day 2”
On June 12th, our summer camp started and we had a total of 6 students that came to our camp. We taught the students about the various positions on our team such as business, outreach, building electronics, programming, and engineering notebook. Continue reading “Team 6450 JAGBOTS Summer Camp – Day 1”
We gathered in order to rearrange the room. Now that robotics will have our own room, we had to remove all of the equipment for the POE class. We also had to transport all of the Lego robotics materials to the room. Continue reading “Summer Camp Setup”
Here are a few tips for rookie teams who don’t know much about how to make a business call/contact a business:
- Speak clearly – Companies won’t understand what you are saying, if you are stuttering and will not think you are professional.
- Pace yourself – Companies also won’t understand you if you speak too fast so make sure you talk at a medium pace so that the companies understand you.