Wheels, Wheels, Wheels you need wheels in order to have a working robot. Without wheels how can you compete, how can you move? You can’t. So you have to wheels. There are 3 types of wheels you can use for FTC.
The first one is the standard Tetrix wheels
This wheel only goes forward and backward it has a high grip Neoprene rubber outer coating and its inside is made of a white Nylon. It is the most common wheel used in the first tech challenge.
The second wheel is an Omni wheel
Omni wheels or poly wheels, similar to mecanum wheels, are wheels with small discs around the circumference which are perpendicular to the turning direction. The effect is that the wheel can be driven with full force, but will also slide laterally with great ease. These wheels are often employed in holonomic drive systems. It is made of a white nylon plastic and a Neoprene black rubber. These may be used to ease the turning or to help the robot from tak9ng less damage when pushed from the sides.
The next wheel is a mecanum wheel
It is a conventional wheel with a series of rollers attached to its circumference. These rollers typically each have an axis of rotation at 45° to the plane of the wheel and at 45° to a line through the center of the roller parallel to the axis of rotation of the wheel. These wheels may be used to strafe or to drive sideways on the field fo quicker movement.
Are you building a robot and you have run out of bronze bushing? Don’t be afraid we can help you fix that!
- Do you know what a bronze bushing is?
- Yes, move onto step 2.
- No, A bronze bushing is used to remove the gap between an axle and a channel, when you are trying to use axles. This is what they look like:
Continue reading “Out of Bronze Bushings?!”
You were just building your robot and you ran out of axle hubs! This is a big problem. Follow the steps below to fix this.
- Do you know what an axle hub is?
- Yes, move onto step 2.
- No, Axle hubs allow you to mount other items such as gears straight to an axle. This is what they look like:
Continue reading “Out of Axle Hubs?!”
So, rookie teams you want to become a good builder? Well just read this and you will become a better builder in no time. Here are a few tips to build:
- Make sure you and the other builders get along so you can work better.
- Ask for help from the other builders so you make sure you are doing what you need to do, also ask if the others need help when you are done with your part.
- Work together, the more you work together, the faster you get done.
Now those are just a few tips, I really hope this helps!
Here are a few tips for rookie teams who don’t know much about how to make a business call/contact a business:
- Speak clearly – Companies won’t understand what you are saying, if you are stuttering and will not think you are professional.
- Pace yourself – Companies also won’t understand you if you speak too fast so make sure you talk at a medium pace so that the companies understand you.
Continue reading “Tips for Rookie FTC Teams – Business Call Tips”